- Best-in-class performance
- Dust- and splash-proof structure
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Designed to meet all shooting conditions
- Compatible with Canon Lens Aberration Correction
- Nikon electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism included
- Manual Override (MO) capable of switching two full-time manual modes
Sigma 28mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Overview
A favored wide-angle prime, the Sigma 28mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens is a versatile lens with a classic broad field of view that suits everything from street shooting to landscape photography. Impressively bright, the fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is ideal for working in low-light conditions and also offers greater control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. An advanced optical design is employed, which uses both low dispersion glass and aspherical elements to reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for greater clarity and sharpness. A Super Multi-Layer Coating is also featured, and suppresses ghosting and flare for improved contrast and color accuracy.
In addition to its optical merits, this 28mm f/1.4 also sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The physical design features a brass bayonet mount, which offers rigidity and mounting precision along with a seal to guard against dust and moisture. Additionally, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.