Sigma sd Quattro H Mirrorless Digital Camera
Sigma is turning camera development on its head by developing a camera specifically to take full advantage of the Global Vision lens series with the release of the sd Quattro H Mirrorless Digital Camera with a Sigma SA lens mount. This camera offers the utmost in resolution with a 44.8MP APS-H Foveon X3 Quattro CMOS sensor that uses a unique stacked design to deliver full color information at every single pixel without interpolation. By using a 1:1:4 RGB pixel ratio with a layered design, this eliminates the need for an optical low-pass filter, the sd Quattro H can create 25.5MP lossless compressed raw images with a spatial resolution equivalent to, and with richer colors, than that of a 51MP Bayer sensor. These vast quantities of image data are handled quickly and efficiently thanks to a Dual TRUE III image processing engine. Additionally, the relatively unique APS-H size provides a 1.3x crop factor when compared to a full-frame 35mm sensor.
Image quality is the key advantage of the Foveon sensor, with the processing and available feature set allowing photographers to benefit as much as possible from the technology. Ensuring sharp imagery, this newly designed sensor has a hybrid phase- and contrast-detect autofocus system with nine selectable points. There is even focus peaking for shooters who prefer the precision of manual focus. Users will also be able to shoot at up to 3.8 fps in High quality and with a sensitivity reaching up to ISO 6400. Also, a Super-Fine Detail exposure mode is available which will take seven exposures and blend them into one exceptionally clean raw image file with a wide dynamic range.
Although optimized for lenses, the sd Quattro H still caters to the needs of photographers by offering a plethora of physical controls along with an integrated 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder for precise eye-level monitoring. Moving down the back of the camera, Sigma has also introduced a dual monitor system comprised of a 3.0″ 1.62m-dot main LCD and a sub LCD screen that displays your basic exposure information and more for constant access to your critical settings. Other controls include a dedicated Quick Set button for bringing up the Quick Set Menu at a moment’s notice and a lock switch to prevent accidental changes.
44.8MP APS-H Foveon X3 Quattro CMOS Sensor & Dual TRUE III Processing Engine
Ensuring the vast amount of image data is handled efficiently and quickly, the sd Quattro H utilizes a Dual TRUE III image processing engine. This allows for continuous shooting rates of up to 3.8 fps in High quality for 10 frames as well as working sensitivities up to ISO 6400. It also enables features like the Super-Fine Detail mode, which takes seven unique exposures and blends them into one clean and detailed raw image with a wide dynamic range.
Sigma SA Lens System
Current owners of Sigma Global Vision lenses can take advantage of the company’s Mount Conversion Service to have lenses converted for use on different mounts. This ensures that a large library of glass will never become obsolete in the event a user invests in a new camera system.
Dual LCD Monitors & Electronic Viewfinder
Hybrid AF System
Super-Fine Detail Exposure Mode
- Low size continuous shooting can boost performance to 5.1 fps for up to 20 images.
- With a 51MP equivalent resolution, the dp Quattro H has a setting which can produce Super-High size JPEG images of 8768 x 5840 pixels.
- Focus peaking function puts a colored outline of white, black, red, or yellow around the in-focus subject matter for confirmation during manual focus.
- Selectable aspect ratios of 21:9, 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, 7:6, 1:1.
- Supports the optional PG-41 Power Grip.
- Auto exposure bracketing of 3 or 5 shots in 1/3 EV steps up to ±3 EV.
- Remote terminal for using dedicated shutter releases.
- Micro-USB 3.0 terminal for fast data transfer.
- PC sync terminal for connecting to external flash or strobe units.
- Accepts SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards and is compatible with Eye-Fi technology.
- Supported Languages: English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Russian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Finnish.