Let's Have Some Fun & a chance to win $50
Mon, Mar 23 • COLOR
Tues, Mar 24 • NATURE
Wed, Mar 25 • UP CLOSE
Thurs, Mar 26 • WATER
Fri, Mar 27 • HOME
Watch our YouTube Video
Hello everyone. We posted a new (actually our very first) video on how to upload your photo to our online site and enter it into the contest.
Photo Finale Photo Contest Rules
Directions / How to Enter
- Sign in to your account on your photo retailer’s website (or create an account)
- Create a new collection (+ New Collection) and add your photo
- Share the collection (must be signed into your account in order to have access to the share feature):
- Share to: email@example.com
- Message: include your name, today’s date and theme
- Monday, March 23, 2020: COLOR
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020: NATURE
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020: UP CLOSE
- Thursday, March 26, 2020: WATER
- Friday, March 27, 2020: HOME
- Photo must be submitted via Share feature from the retailer’s photo site on the day for that theme by midnight, Pacific time.
- Collections with multiple photos will be disqualified. Just include the photo you are submitting in the collection you share.
- Do not watermark your photo.
- Your message must include your name, the date/theme for that day
- Winner and associated retailer will be announced, and contacted via email, the following business day.
- Award ($50) will be distributed to the retailer; retailer will distribute to the winner.
- The Photo Finale Photo Contest, encompassing the daily themed competitions (‘Contest’) is open to both amateur and professional photographers (‘Entrants’) from all over the world. Entrants must not be an employee, officer or agent of Photo Finale, nor an employee, officer or agent of any person or organisation involved in the running of the Contest.
- There is no cost to enter.
- There is a maximum of one entry to the Contest per person, per day.
- The themed competitions that make up the Contest shall close for entries at midnight, Pacific time. We may extend the deadline without prior notification if needed.
Usage and rights
Your copyright and moral rights:
Photo Finale respects the rights of Entrants and does not claim copyright for the photographs submitted to the Contest. Entrants retain full copyright in submitted photographs.
In addition, the moral rights of Entrants are respected. Whenever their work is published by Photo Finale (and partners) they will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition. Photo Finale will seek to correct any errors or oversights when notified.
By entering the Contest, you (as an Entrant) warrant to Photo Finale that you created your competition entries, that you are the author of your work, you own all of the copyright in those entries, that it does not include trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any other third person or entity and that the use by Photo Finale of the entries in accordance with these terms and conditions will not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights or other legal rights. You must not submit to the Contest any material that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of your entry and to fully indemnify Photo Finale and its sponsors in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing. Photo Finale reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with any of the above, even after the entry is submitted on the competition website.
Use of works:
By entering the Contest, you agree that any work you submit may be used by Photo Finale (and partners) solely for purposes in connection with the Contest or future Contests, and any successor website and no other purpose. These uses include:
- Judging the competition
- Displaying entries on the Photo Finale website and social media outlets, and those of its partners
- Displaying the entries at the gallery exhibitions
- Displaying the entries in a book, magazine or exhibition catalog, or similar
- Using the entries on posters, postcards, adverts both online and offline to promote the Contest
- Cropping and re-sizing the work as necessary to fit pre-defined formats to promote the Contest and any related exhibitions
- Sub-licensing the entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the contest (the Entrant will be notified of such reproductions prior to publication, and have the right to refuse)
- Inclusion within any materials promoting the Contest or any exhibition organized by Photo Finale
You hereby grant Photo Finale a non-exclusive, royalty-free license in each entry throughout the world in all media for the uses described above for the duration of the Contest.
You acknowledge your responsibility for protecting your entry against misuse by third parties, through means such as the embedding of metadata. Photo Finale (and its partners) can assume no responsibility and is not liable for any misuse of your work by third parties.
Any reproduction of entries outside of the uses listed above will occur only after receiving the Entrant’s express permission. The Entrant will be contacted and given the opportunity to negotiate any such usage with the parties concerned independently of the Contest.
Photo Finale uses the social media platforms Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. While Photo Finale guarantees that photographers will be fully credited when posting images on social media and through any of the other channels listed above, Photo Finale cannot guarantee that others who copy or repost images will do the same.
Within 1 day of each competition end, Photo Finale’s editors will screen entries and submit selected entries to the judge for his or her review. The judge will then select the shortlist and 1st, 2nd Prize entries based on the photographic skill, artistic sensibilities, emotion, impact and originality. The decisions of the judge are final.
In the event that a judge has to withdraw their involvement for any unforeseen reason, Photo Finale reserves the right to find an alternative judge. All entrants will be notified.
Images submitted will be treated completely anonymously throughout the whole process to ensure total fairness. The judge will have sole discretion of his or her selection and attempting to contact any judge directly in order to influence them will result in disqualification of the Entrant.
Photo Finale aims to announce the shortlist and winners for each contest within one days of the submission close date. The winners and shortlisted photographers will be notified by email and published on the Photo Finale website and associated social media. The 1st Prize Entrant will have 90 days from the email date to claim their cash prize (they will be notified of their prize and any further instructions in the email). Failing to do so will result in loss of the prize. Winners are accountable for costs associated with the Contest acceptance, such as any applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes.
Photo Finale reserves the right to change, or modify the prize at any time before the end of the Contest, but will make sure to inform all Entrants.
If a competition Entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements or is subject to any entry restrictions, that Entrant shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner and will not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances.
Right to cancel
Photo Finale reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest at its own discretion if not capable of continuing as planned for any reason that is beyond its control.
Modification of competition rules
Photo Finale reserves the right to change the competition rules. If this happens, all Entrants whom the changes affect will be notified by email.
Photo Finale will take no responsibility for the repercussions of any photograph submitted to the Contest, nor any problems incurred by the Entrants while participating in the Contest.