Let's Have Some Fun & a chance to win prizes
Week 1 • IN BLOOM
Week 2 • SPRING HOLIDAY
Week 3 • NATURE
Week 4 • ABSTRACT
WEEK 4 "ABSTRACT"
-winners are in-
Your fourth and final week’s theme is “ABSTRACT”. Abstract photography, sometimes called non-objective, experimental, conceptual or concrete photography, is a means of depicting a visual image that does not have an immediate association with the object world and that has been created through the use of photographic equipment, processes or materials.
We are looking for the most stunning and most creative approach. So get your noggin thinking, spin up your creative juices, drink a few more cups of coffee and capture those once in a lifetime shots!
WEEK 3 "NATURE"
-winners are in-
Your third week’s theme is “NATURE”. Photographs that are acceptable for this category include any type of photograph that represents Nature. Nature photography is a wide range of photography taken outdoors and devoted to displaying natural elements such as landscapes, wildlife, plants, and close-ups of natural scenes and textures. We are looking for the most stunning and most creative approach. So get your noggin thinking, spin up your creative juices, drink a few more cups of coffee and capture those once in a lifetime shots!
WEEK 2 "SPRING HOLIDAY"
-winners are in-
Your second week’s theme is “SPRING HOLIDAY”. Photographs that are acceptable for this category include any type of photograph that represents Easter, Passover, Ramadan (though a bit early), Family Spring Celebrations. Basically family & friend oriented photographs celebrating springtime things. Very open for interpretation but keep it Springy.
WEEK 1 "IN BLOOM"
-winners are in-
Your first week’s theme is “IN BLOOM”. The cherry blossoms are popping, what a perfect time to hold a photography contest! Photographs that are acceptable for this category include any type of tree or plant that is currently in bloom.
How To Submit
Photo contest prizes include Gift Certificates from Black Lab Imaging for: $50 Digital Print Credit, Prestige Photo Books, $25 Photo Gift Credit, $100 Video Transfer Certificate, dSLR Photography Class Series.
Winners from each week will be given prize options to choose from.
Do you own a small business? Interested in sponsoring a prize for our photo contest? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will feature your sponsorship here and on social media. Free advertising! All you need to do is submit a prize.
Photo Contest Rules
Directions / How to Enter
- Sign in to your account on blacklabimaging.photofinale.com
- Create a new collection (+ New Collection) and add your photo
- Share the collection (must be signed into your account in order to have access to the share feature):
- Share to: email@example.com
- Message: include your name, today’s date and theme
- Week 1, April 5 – 11 , 2020: IN BLOOM -submission closed- Judging In Progress
- Week 2, April 12 – 18 , 2020: SPRING HOLIDAY
- Week 3, April 19 – 25 , 2020: NATURE
- Week 26, April 26 – May 2, 2020: ABSTRACT
- Photo must be submitted via Share feature from Black Lab Imaging’s photo ordering site on the last day for that theme by midnight, Eastern time.
- Collections with more than 3 photos will be disqualified. Just include the 3 photos you are submitting in the collection you share.
- Do not watermark your photo.
- Your message must include your name, the date/theme for that week.
- Winner will be announced, and contacted via email, the following business day.
- Award will be distributed to the winner within 5 days after that week’s theme has closed.
- The Black Lab Imaging Photo Contest, encompassing the weekly themed competitions (‘Contest’) is open to both amateur and professional photographers (‘Entrants’) from all over the world. Entrants must not be an employee, officer or agent of Black Lab Imaging, nor an employee, officer or agent of any person or organisation involved in the running of the Contest.
- There is no cost to enter.
- There is a maximum of Three (3) entries to the Contest per person, per week.
- The themed competitions that make up the Contest shall close for entries at midnight, Eastern time. We may extend the deadline without prior notification if needed.
Usage and rights
Your copyright and moral rights:
Black Lab Imaging respects the rights of Entrants and does not claim copyright for the photographs submitted to the Contest. Entrants retain full copyright in submitted photographs.
In addition, the moral rights of Entrants are respected. Whenever their work is published by Black Lab Imaging (and partners) they will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition. Black Lab Imaging will seek to correct any errors or oversights when notified.
By entering the Contest, you (as an Entrant) warrant to Black Lab Imaging that you created your competition entries, that you are the author of your work, you own all of the copyright in those entries, that it does not include trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any other third person or entity and that the use by Black Lab Imaging of the entries in accordance with these terms and conditions will not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights or other legal rights. You must not submit to the Contest any material that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of your entry and to fully indemnify Black Lab Imaging and its sponsors in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing. Black Lab Imaging reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with any of the above, even after the entry is submitted on the competition website.
Use of works:
By entering the Contest, you agree that any work you submit may be used by Black Lab Imaging (and partners) solely for purposes in connection with the Contest or future Contests, and any successor website and no other purpose. These uses include:
- Judging the competition
- Displaying entries on the Black Lab Imaging website and social media outlets, and those of its partners
- Displaying the entries at the gallery exhibitions
- Displaying the entries in a book, magazine or exhibition catalog, or similar
- Using the entries on posters, postcards, adverts both online and offline to promote the Contest
- Cropping and re-sizing the work as necessary to fit pre-defined formats to promote the Contest and any related exhibitions
- Sub-licensing the entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the contest (the Entrant will be notified of such reproductions prior to publication, and have the right to refuse)
- Inclusion within any materials promoting the Contest or any exhibition organized by Black Lab Imaging
You hereby grant Black Lab Imaging a non-exclusive, royalty-free license in each entry throughout the world in all media for the uses described above for the duration of the Contest.
You acknowledge your responsibility for protecting your entry against misuse by third parties, through means such as the embedding of metadata. Black Lab Imaging (and its partners) can assume no responsibility and is not liable for any misuse of your work by third parties.
Any reproduction of entries outside of the uses listed above will occur only after receiving the Entrant’s express permission. The Entrant will be contacted and given the opportunity to negotiate any such usage with the parties concerned independently of the Contest.
Black Lab Imaging uses the social media platforms Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. While Black Lab Imaging guarantees that photographers will be fully credited when posting images on social media and through any of the other channels listed above, Black Lab Imaging cannot guarantee that others who copy or repost images will do the same.
Within 3 days of each competition end, Black Lab Imaging’s editors will screen entries and submit selected entries to the judges for his or her review. The judges will then select the shortlist and 1st, 2nd Prize entries based on the photographic skill, artistic sensibilities, emotion, impact and originality. The decisions of the judges are final.
In the event that a judge has to withdraw their involvement for any unforeseen reason, Black Lab Imaging reserves the right to find an alternative judge. All entrants will be notified.
Images submitted will be treated completely anonymously throughout the whole process to ensure total fairness. The judges will have sole discretion of his or her selection and attempting to contact any judge directly in order to influence them will result in disqualification of the Entrant.
Black Lab Imaging aims to announce the shortlist and winners for each contest within 3 days of the submission close date. The winners and shortlisted photographers will be notified by email and published on the Black Lab Imaging website and associated social media. The 1st Prize Entrant will have 90 days from the email date to claim their prize (they will be notified of their prize and any further instructions in the email). Failing to do so will result in loss of the prize. Winners are accountable for costs associated with the Contest acceptance, such as any applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes.
Black Lab Imaging reserves the right to change, or modify the prize at any time before the end of the Contest, but will make sure to inform all Entrants.
If a competition Entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements or is subject to any entry restrictions, that Entrant shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner and will not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances.
Right to cancel
Black Lab Imaging reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest at its own discretion if not capable of continuing as planned for any reason that is beyond its control.
Modification of competition rules
Black Lab Imaging reserves the right to change the competition rules. If this happens, all Entrants whom the changes affect will be notified by email.
Black Lab Imaging will take no responsibility for the repercussions of any photograph submitted to the Contest, nor any problems incurred by the Entrants while participating in the Contest.