This is a listing for a Canon AE-1 35mm camera body for parts or repair
Condition: Mirror locked up
The Canon AE-1 is a 35mm film SLR camera that has enjoyed tremendous popularity since it’s original release in 1976. The AE-1 is nothing short of a landmark camera, being one of the the first truly affordable SLR cameras to offer the benefit of AutoExposure capabilities. The optional convenience of AE-1’s Shutter Priority AE exposure mode made photographing action easier than was previously possible. The success of the AE-1’s excellent feature set and controls have secured it’s place as a classic iconic photographic tool. The AE-1 is a real treat for photography enthusiasts, collectors, and students to use; the beautiful industrial design is a delight to hold and it’s manual aspects encourage deliberate thoughtful practice of the craft.
In 1981 Canon introduced a follow up, the nearly identical AE-1 Program with a few additional features.
- Classic manual focus 35mm film SLR camera
- Center-weighted light metering pattern
- Full manual controls
- Shutter speed range 2 sec to 1/1000 plus B
- Shutter priority AE (AutoExposure) mode
- Exposure compensation
- Dedicated hot shoe
- ‘PC socket’ (flash synchronization terminal)
- Flash sync at 1/60
- Removable back
- FD lens mount
- Depth of field preview (also for stopped-down metering with non-FD lenses or non-auto bellow)