Helping to regulate, heat, mix, and circulate chemistry, the °Cs Temperature Control System TCS-1000 from Cinestill is an immersion circulator/thermostat, which has been designed specifically for film processing needs. Suitable for C-41, E-6, and black and white chemistries, the TCS-1000 uses a PTC heating element to achieve consistently accurate chemistry or water bath temperatures necessary for film processing. A brushless DC motor and molded polymer impeller also help to circulate up to 20L of chemistry to achieve consistent temperature control baths to suit both developing and blix/fix processes. The TCS-1000’s intuitive design incorporates an LCD to display temperature readings as well as a two-stage processing timer. Additionally, a universal bottle holder is included to keep chemistry bottles upright during processing and it also features a built-in clip for secure attachment to mixing vessels and control bath tubs.
- Intuitive interface incorporates an LCD to show the solution’s current temperature, target temperature, and a two-stage timer for developer and blix/fix. Adjustments to target temperature and timer settings can be made using the adjustment wheel and set button.
- Two-stage timer has presets for C-41 and E-6 or can be manually adjusted depending on the chemistry used or for black and white processing. Time is displayed in minutes and seconds.
- Adjustable temperature control from 32-203°F / 0-95°C (+/- 0.1°C). When used in a temperature control bath between 1-20L, consistent temperatures to within +/- 1°C can be achieved.
- Simple toggling between °F and °C settings.
- Rear clip permits direct attachment to mixing vessels or temperature control bath tubs.
- Design incorporates a PTC heating element, brushless DC motor, and a molded polymer impeller within a durable stainless steel housing.
- Brushless DC motor offers fast speeds and low noise without giving off heat during processing, making it suitable for lower temperature processing. It has a life cycle of over 4000 working hours.
- Molded polymer impeller has a maximum circulation capacity of 20L.
- Requires at least 1000W to be powered correctly; a dedicated circuit/its own 120 VAC/60 Hz power outlet is recommended during use. This TCS-1000 has a US-style power plug.
- Ground protection and protection sensors for temperature/overheating and water level.
Temperature Control Bath
The included universal bottle holder attaches to the body of the TCS-1000 and can hold two separate 1000mL storage bottles, including collapsible/accordion-style jugs, Jobo bottles, and other similar designs. This holder keeps the bottles upright during processing and is suitable for temperature control baths in sinks, tubs, or basins with an ideal size of at least 16 x 12 x 7″.